August 29, 2007

Wandering Copies


We want as many people as possible to read Fahrenheit 451 this fall as part of The Big Read and to that end we have placed specially packaged copies of the book in various locations around the state for people to find and (hopefully) read and discuss and pass on to another reader.

If you have found one of these books, or want to see where they have been found, please add a comment to this post (click on the word "comments" below -- you don't have to be a blogger to add a comment to this site) and tell us where you found the book, which number book it was, who you are, and any thoughts about the book that you want to share.

How many people can a single copy of Fahrenheit 451 connect to this project?
Tell us about your experience and help us find the answer.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found book #100 on a bench in Veteran's Park, Manchester. I look forward to rereading it and taking part in the Big Read NH.

Anonymous said...

I found book #60 while I was having lunch at the Portsmouth Brewery. I guess it was fate that brought us together because I've been meaning to read this book for a long time now. I'll make sure to pass it on when I'm done.

bill said...

I found book #45 at Valerio's Kitchen while having lunch. I will return it there when I am done for the next person to find!

Bob said...

Found copy #31 at Massabesic Audubon Center. Had not read it in 50 years, and found it throughly prescient and enjoyable once again. My wife also read it for the first time. I'll pass it on today.....

Anonymous said...

I found book #102 @ the Cafe Monta Alto in Plymouth.
Although I read often; classic lit., not so much. Surprised and delighted how Ray Bradbury wrote a tale 50yrs. ago that not rings true today but seems like it was written last week.

Anonymous said...

I found book #13 at the Northwood Town offices... I look forward to re-reading it (it's been years since I last read it), and taking part in the Big Read NH.

Ali said...

I found copy number 87 on a side table at the Family Tree Health Care office in Warner. I felt like I was stealing it because you never find free books lying around but I am glad I wasn't. I haven't read it yet but am looking forward to doing so! I have been told by many people that this is a wonderful book. The Big Read is such a fantastic idea as well. Nicely done!